What is the goal of general dentistry?
The goal of general dentistry is to prevent and treat oral health issues, such as cavities and gum disease. General dentists, such as Dr. Jon Edmondson of Windsor Mill, Maryland, also strive to educate patients on proper oral hygiene practices, such as regular brushing and flossing. By working together with a patient, Dr. Edmondson of Edmondson Family Dental Care can help them maintain good oral health throughout their lifetime.
What experience and skills must a general dentist have?
General dentists must complete eight years of post-secondary education to practice, which includes four years of dental school and four years of undergraduate studies. This education provides them with knowledge about various aspects of oral health, including diagnosis, treatment planning, tooth restoration, and more.
What general dentistry services are available at Edmondson Family Dental Care?
Windsor Mill, Maryland, area families can enjoy the following treatments and procedures for general dentistry:
- Dental cleanings. A dental cleaning, or prophylaxis, removes the buildup of plaque and tartar to reduce your chances of cavities and gum disease.
- Dental evaluations. The American Dental Association recommends everyone visit their dentist at least two times a year for a thorough examination and a professional dental cleaning.
- Tooth extractions. Tooth extractions are performed if a tooth is too damaged or decayed to repair.
- Fillings. Dental fillings restore teeth that have been damaged from tooth decay.
- Dental crowns. Dental crowns restore teeth that are cracked, chipped or otherwise damaged due to decay or injury.
Request an appointment with Dr. Jon Edmondson today!
Protecting your smile with Edmondson Family Dental Care means you’ll receive comprehensive care from an experienced general dentist in Windsor Mill, MD, who values your comfort and health above all else. If you are located in the area and are interested in learning more about general dentistry services available, call (410) 220-5309 to request an appointment at 3100 Lord Baltimore Drive, Suite #210 with Dr. Jon Edmondson. The office is conveniently located to assist and serve patients in the surrounding communities of Columbia, Glen Burnie, Owings Mills, Pikesville, and Baltimore, MD.